The Workers Action Centre and Black Creek Community Health Centre are organizing a free training session on workplace and human rights for front line workers delivering employment or settlement services on Monday November 12, 2012 from 1 – 4 pm.
The training session will provide:
- Training on key areas of employment standards and human rights
- Information to address issues in the labour market, workplace problems or violations faced by workers
- Learn about the employment standards & human rights complaints process
- Learn how to give workers the tools to understand what to do if they are dealing with a problem or violation at work
- Local resources to make a good referral for your clients
Participants will receive a free training binder with easy to use tools such as fact sheets, a check list for employers if you are placing people in jobs and sample workshop curriculum to incorporate into your work.
Please see the attached flyer for more details and to register!